Two-year-old hospitalized due to vegan diet

If we aren’t supposed to eat the animals, why are they made out of meat? Two-year-old hospitalized after being raised vegan – The Local

A toddler spent several days in intensive care being treated for vitamin deficiencies and other complications, thought to be caused by her parents’ vegan diet.

File this under news you can use.

While a vegan diet will not necessarily have a negative impact on a child’s health, it may lead to deficiences in vitamin B12, which may cause permanent brain damage and is particularly serious in small children, as well as a lack of zinc, folic acid and iron.

Advertisements