It’s Sunday, so that means The Pirate’s Cove has Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup.
What’s happening in Ye Olde Blogosphere? The Fine 15
- Sara Carter notes that the dossier was unverified by the FBI. Ever
- Powerline takes on the conspiracy theory that Trump defrauded voters
- Jihad Watch covers how Islamophobia was dragged into the Paris climate riots
- The Other McCain notes a few bad tweets showing up for the Heisman winner
- Weasel Zippers shows Dems trying to get Medicaid for illegal aliens
- The Vulgar Curmudgeon says people should be paying attention to France
Wombat-socho over at The Other McCain – In The Mailbox: 12.07.18.
OVER THE TRANSOM
357 Magnum: It’s Almost Like Putin Didn’t Expect To Be Held Accountable By The Obama Administration
EBL: Sexual Abuse At CBS – Lee Moonves’ Special Perks
Twitchy: Occasional Cortex Backpedals In A Major Way After Threatening Donald Trump Jr.
Louder With Crowder: Jessica Simpson Dresses Down Natalie Portman For Virgin- & Body-Shaming, also, Joy Behar Whines About Fox Being Trump’s Channel – Her Co-Hosts Attack
According To Hoyt: A Lack Of Reading Comprehension
Monster Hunter Nation: Book Bomb! A Star-Wheeled Sky & In Plain Sight
Vox Popoli: Ubisoft Converged
Claire Wolfe of Living Freedom – Weekend links.
- Could Gamble v U.S. help end the war on weed?
- Australia goes and does it. They pass a back-door encryption law that could have horrible repercussions worldwide. But it’s okay because, you know, “national security.” (H/T MJR)
- Could the Clintons finally — finally! — be getting into the trouble they’ve deserved all these years?
- Let us pray that we have reached Peak Pecksniffery: A professor of psychology and sexuality studies gripes that God didn’t get Mary’s consent before impregnating her with Jesus.* (H/T MtK)
Doug Ross – Larwyn’s Linx: The Media are Just as Complicit in DOJ, FBI, Corruption and FISA Abuse.
The Media are Just as Complicit in DOJ, FBI, Corruption and FISA Abuse: CTH
Mueller’s witch hunt may have just boomeranged: Don Surber
The ominous scramble before Mueller got the job: CNN
Catch & Release: MS-13 Killer Avoided Deportation Thanks to Obama Judge: R.S. McCain
House Democrats Will Push to Criminalize Private Gun Sales: AWR Hawkins
Trump to tap former A.G. William Barr to head Justice Department: Diana Stancy Correll
MaddMedic at Freedom is Just Another Word – Gun News …..
Democrats Plan New Universal Background Check Bill
House Democrats plan to push for universal background checks for all firearms transfers in the new session of Congress.
There is more listed at each site than I have highlighted here. I hope you can enjoy what’s left of the weekend.
The Pirate’s Cove had an update/review of the “Yellow Vest” riots in France. As Paris Riots Grow, News Media Forgets A Very Important Detail.
The Other McCain highlights some College insanity. ‘It’s Like Undermining What Our Generation Is Trying to Do’.
Flopping Aces has a post about the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty. Collusion? Trump Calls Putin’s Bluff On INF Treaty .
The Obama White House deliberately blocked a Pentagon risk assessment report that states “that the breach involved a new missile that violates the limits set by the treaty.
Should a boy’s month of birth determine an ADHD diagnosis? Say Anything has something to say. School Policy Is Definitely Leading to the Misdiagnosis of ADHD.
Crime Prevention Research Center has an update on Concealed Carry Licenses. Our work on the number of concealed handgun permits mentioned in the Wall Street Journal.
David Yamane of Gun Culture 2.0 has some thoughts on the relationship between failure and learning. Alanis Morissette, Travis Haley, AK-47s, and Bananas.
Clayton Cramer has a post on the dirty little secret of civil litigation. Process Servers.
Irons in the Fire has a posting on Energy and Taxes. Ah, the wonders of Green Energy.
There’s a simple beauty about RO for the government. Even though it’s defined as a tax, it doesn’t come out of pay packets but is stuck on our electricity bills. That has made funding wind farms a lot easier for the government than more cost-effective energy-efficiency measures.
Forward Observer has some thoughts on The Value of Early Warning….
Todd Starnes considers the different treatment afforded Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV) and Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA) from the treatment of George H.W. Bush upon the occasions of their deaths. Media Hailed Klansman & Coward, But Bashes War Hero Bush. (You didn’t think the AP was neutral, did you?)
The Other McCain (and Wombat-socho in particular) has In The Mailbox: 12.06.18.
OVER THE TRANSOM
Ninety Miles From Tyranny: The 90 Miles Mystery Box, Episode #460
357 Magnum: Brazil Moving Toward More Armed Citizens
EBL: NASA Wants An All-Female Mars Mission Crew – To Prevent Sex During The Trip?
Twitchy: The UN’s Latest Fail Should Be The Final Nail In Their Corrupt, Feckless Coffin
Louder With Crowder: Seattle Antifa Threatens Independent Journalist – Seattle PD Defends Antifa
Claire Wolfe offers up Thursday links.
- Bari Weiss and Eve Peyser — bitter enemies on Twitter — meet in person and discover that the human world is bigger and more nuanced than online snark. (An encouraging co-written piece.)
- So. I trust that all you New Jersey gun owners will immediately turn in your standard-capacity magazines. Right? … No? Why, how shocking!
- John Dingell pulls 60 years of congressional “wisdom” out of his … head, and comes up with progressive pop drivel. What do these people imagine the heartland of this country will do if they succeed in disenfranchising us and imposing iron rule from urban centers?
MaddMedic at Freedom is Just Another Word… Gun News …..
Anti-Gun Artist Mouths Off And Shows His Own Ignorance
Doug Ross – Larwyn’s Linx: One-Eyed-Jack Law
In this brutally honest portrait, Sergeant Michael Middleton–a now-retired veteran of the LAPD–tells the gripping tale of his two decades on some of the America’s meanest streets.
One-Eyed-Jack Law: Victor Davis Hanson
FBI email chain may provide most damning evidence of FISA abuses yet: John Solomon
Grassley: Why Did FBI Raid Home of a Clinton Foundation Whistleblower?: Katie Pavlich
They all have much more than I have listed here.
Claire Wolfe of Living Freedom has Tuesday links. She starts off with these 2 stories. (But has many more.)
- It’s a good idea to record the serial numbers of your guns in case they’re stolen. One cop shop thinks it’s a good idea for you to store that number in their database. Hahaha. How very droll. (Via Codrea)
- Before Marriott let 500 million guests’ records slip away, they had a string of other breaches. Their cyber-security team was even hit with malware.
Wombat-socho at the Other McCain offers up Late Night With In The Mailbox: 12.03.18.
OVER THE TRANSOM
EBL: The Blaze & CRTV Join Forces – But Where’s Cary Katz? also, Why Does The GOPe Let Democrats Malign Them And Then Years Later Pretend We’re All Friends?
Twitchy: William Shatner’s Got News For You If You Think “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” Is Misogynistic
Louder With Crowder: How To Tweet Like Alexandria Occasional Cortex In Five Easy Steps
Doug Ross has Larwyn’s Linx: For Trump, Cohen Plea Deal’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Exoneration. This includes the following. (There are a few broken links, or the stories are behind a paywall, but most are worth a look. Some anyway.)
70% of Long-Term Non-Citizens in the USA Collect Welfare: S. Noble
California Democrats plan to extend Medicaid to illegal immigrants: Kimberly Leonard
Too big to sail? US aircraft carriers could go the way of the dinosaur: Jamie McIntyre
And more as always. I hope your week is off to a good start.
Freedom Is Just Another Word… has Sunday Memes. Go take a look.
Wombat-socho, from The Other McCain has been a machine since he recovered from his illness. He has 2 more link roundups. First Late Night With In The Mailbox: 11.29.18.
OVER THE TRANSOM
EBL: When You Realize A Lot Of #NeverTrumpers Are Looking For Money From The Left, It All Makes Sense
Twitchy: What? Ted Cruz Wasn’t Told To “F*ck Off” After Asking To Be On Nine Inch Nails Guest List?
Louder With Crowder: Alexandria Occasional Cortex Claims She’s An American Revolutionary
Second he has In The Mailbox: 11.30.18.
OVER THE TRANSOM
EBL: Yukon Cornelius Is My Favorite Rudolph Character!
Twitchy: Michelle Malkin Rattles Code Pink Co-Director so Badly On Laura Ingraham’s Show, She Melts Down
Louder With Crowder: Kid Rock Says Be Cordial To Everyone – Except Joy Behar
According To Hoyt: Just Something
Vox Popoli: Unreliable Search
Claire Wolfe of Living Freedom Blog has Friday links
- Gab should not have to be explaining itself this way to the WaPo or anybody else.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods — already hit in the pocketbook by its anti-gunnery — is now experimenting with getting entirely out of the gun business. Sebastian calls this folly.
- Are you among the 500 million customers of Marriott’s Starwood Hotels? Then you’re pretty much screwed. That was some serious data they failed to protect.
- Vanderleun sees the remains of his home for the first time since Paradise burned.
- Thanks a bunch, Trump. We’re now about to get the long-dreaded bump-stock ban and a new precedent for regulation-by-fiat. Say Uncle nailed it in two lines.
- Not a good sign: The FBI raids the home of a Clinton Foundation whistleblower. If you’ve been wondering why the DoJ is after Trump while leaving culpable Clintons alone, this goes a ways toward answering your question.
Doug Ross offers up Larwyn’s Linx: New Details Confirming FBI Used Fake Pretexts To Start Investigating Trump.
New Details Confirm FBI Used Fake Pretexts To Start Trump Probe: Margot Cleveland
Robert Mueller’s Plan: Andrew C. McCarthy
Dershowitz: DOJ must hold Mueller report until Trump can rebut it: Daniel Chaitin
#SPYGATE, by Dan Bongino: The book reads like a spy thriller, except it is as real as a fist in the stomach. See how our Constitution is abused by those entrusted with defending it. Read this book!
And of course since it’s Sunday, Pirate’s Cove has Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup.
What is happening in Ye Old Blogosphere? The Fine 15
- Chicks On The Right covers a radio station banning a Christmas song
- Creeping Sharia notes the rise in FGM in the UK
- DC Clothesline discusses San Fran’s rich making homelessness worse
- Free North Carolina covers Dick’s Sporting Goods have serious issues
- Gates Of Vienna covers an ISIS member trying to poison the water supply in Sardinia
- Geller Report notes an 8 year old attacked daily by Muslims in Germany, covered up by teachers
- Jihad Watch covers Germany paying refugees to go home
- Legal Insurrection discusses yet another hate hoax
And of course there are 7 more in the 15, and then there is the Rule 5 and Full Metal Jacket Reach Around list.
All the sites listed above have more links than I’ve highlighted here. I hope you are having a good weekend.
The Other McCain starts us off with the second-most face-palm worthy story of the week. Mississippi Elects First Female Senator, Liberal Media Blame Racism.
The Pirate’s Cove has a story about what the people on the Left really believe when it comes to minorities. Study: White Liberals Dumb Themselves Down When Talking To Blacks.
Also from the Pirate’s Cove, MSNBC slips up and admits that it isn’t about asylum. Narrative Fail: MSNBC Exposes That Migrants Are Mostly Male And Not Seeking Asylum.
Borepatch has a story about the state-of-the-art in science. (It isn’t good!) Science as practiced today is very sick. (Here’s a link to an old Post of mine on the same subject.)
Chicks on the Right have the most face-palm worthy story of the week, about “arming” students and teachers with hockey pucks. Someone Needs To Tell This University You Don’t Bring A HOCKEY PUCK To A Gun Fight.
Victory Girls has a post about unmitigated hubris and arrogance. Obama Claims He Built The U.S. Oil Boom [VIDEO].
Watts Up With That has a story about government planning the economy. Failed Oregon Solar Equipment Plant Leaves Behind Millions in Taxpayer Losses. Wait, you mean manufacturing solar panels can cause pollution? “I’m very disappointed!”
Kent over at Hooligan Libertarian has some thoughts on not taking responsibility for your own (or your kids) actions. Because you won’t have to pay! “Not my problem. It’s socialized!”
Moonbattery had the first post (that I saw anyway) on the Marc Lamont kerfuffle. CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill Calls for Violence Against Israelis
90 Miles From Tyranny takes a look at the toxic impact of Identity Politics. Here’s Why Identity Politics Threaten America.
The Rio Norte Line laments how everything in life has been dumbed-down. Life Isn’t Complex Enough.